Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Thirty-Nine Years Later- Malaysia Kini

Malaysia Truly Asia
May 13 2008 - Today marks the black day in Malaysia history. As many of you have heard, read and experienced the tragic day of May 13 1969. I truly feel very sad and horrifed as I learn about the events that took place that day. I cannot begin to imagine how some of you must felt that day and I truly feel that what happened in our beloved Malaysia was science fiction. But the truth is that the black day will always remain in out history regardless of preventive actions taken.


However, I must stressed that those of you who experienced that day must teach and educate the younger generations so that things like that remains in the past and does not repeat it self. We are a a proud multi-racial country, withtou one race in this country we will not be known as Malaysia. Honestly, when I tell foreigners that I am from Malaysia the first thing they usually ask is that it is true Malaysia has so many races? and then they ask how do you guys live in peace and harmony with so many different races? The only thing that I tell them is that "We are Malaysian, one proud nation that is made of many races". Obviously, the foreigners are ignorant about the events of May 13. However, I think that we must use that black day to our advantage and learn from it so that history does not repeat itself.


The country's economical and cultural stability is contributed by everyone in this country; this is a fact. Look at our neighbouring country such as Thailand, Sountern Thailand is a mess, they are fighting about themselves, killing their own brothers and sisters. I am just thankful that the situation in Malaysia does not reach that level.


WE must all work together to ensure that 'Malaysia is Truly Asia', we must put our diferences aside; be it religion, culture or political views and work for a peaceful and prospefous future; not for out sake for our childrens sake and their children. I do not want my children to endure May 13, I certainly did not go through it.


Let us put our differences aside and take a minute to pray for those who suffered on May 13 1969.

No comments: